U.S. House of Representatives
September 10, 2002
QUESTIONS THAT WON'T BE ASKED ABOUT IRAQ
AND R@wman rant interspersed ED.
Soon we hope to have hearings on the pending war with Iraq. I am concerned there are
some questions that won't be asked- and maybe will not even be allowed to be asked.
Here are some questions I would like answered by those who are urging us to start this war.
1. Is it not true that the reason we did not bomb the Soviet Union at the height of the
Cold War was because we knew they could retaliate?
2. Is it not also true that we are willing to bomb
Iraq now because we know it cannot retaliate-
which just confirms that there is no real threat?
3. Is it not true that those who argue that even with inspections we cannot be sure that
Hussein might be hiding weapons, at the same time imply that we can be more sure
that weapons exist in the absence of inspections?
4. Is it not true that the UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency was able to complete
its yearly verification mission to Iraq just this year with Iraqi cooperation?
5. Is it not true that the intelligence community has been unable to develop a case tying
Iraq to global terrorism at all, much less the attacks on the United States last year?
Does anyone remember that 15 of the 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia
and that none came from Iraq?
6. Was former CIA counter-terrorism chief Vincent Cannistraro wrong when he
recently said there is no confirmed evidence of Iraq’s links to terrorism?
7. Is it not true that the CIA has concluded there is no evidence that a Prague meeting
between 9/11 hijacker Atta and Iraqi intelligence took place?
8. Is it not true that northern Iraq, where the
administration claimed al-Qaeda were hiding
out, is in the control of our "allies," the Kurds?
9. Is it not true that the vast majority of al-Qaeda leaders who
escaped appear to have safely made their way to Pakistan,
another of our so-called allies?
10. Has anyone noticed that Afghanistan is rapidly sinking into total chaos, with
bombings and assassinations becoming daily occurrences; and that according to a
recent UN report the al-Qaeda "is, by all accounts, alive and well and poised to strike
again, how, when, and where it chooses"?
11. Why are we taking precious military and intelligence resources away from tracking
down those who did attack the United States- and who may again attack the United
States- and using them to invade countries that have not attacked the United States?
12. Would an attack on Iraq not just confirm the Arab world's
worst suspicions about the US, and isn't this what bin Laden wanted?
13. How can Hussein be compared to Hitler when he has no navy or air force, and
now has an army 1/5 the size of twelve years ago, which even then proved totally
inept at defending the country?
14. Is it not true that the constitutional power to declare war is exclusively that of the
Congress? Should presidents, contrary to the Constitution, allow Congress to concur
only when pressured by public opinion? Are presidents permitted to rely on the UN for
permission to go to war?
15. Are you aware of a Pentagon report studying
charges that thousands of Kurds in one village
were gassed by the Iraqis,which found no conclusive evidence that Iraq was responsible, that Iran occupied
the very city involved, and that evidence indicated
the type of gas used was more likely controlled by
Iran not Iraq?
We invent "this devil" so we can pretend "WE"
are the "Avenging Angles" & that is not the
1/2 of it . ED WHO Killed Africa might be CIA?
16. Is it not true that anywhere between 100,000
and 300,000 US soldiers have suffered from
Persian Gulf War syndrome from the first Gulf War,
and that thousands may have died?
17. Are we prepared for possibly thousands of American casualties in a war against a
country that does not have the capacity to attack the United States?
18. Are we willing to bear the economic burden of a 100 billion dollar war against Iraq,
with oil prices expected to skyrocket and further rattle an already shaky American
How about an estimated 30 years occupation of Iraq that some have deemed
necessary to "build democracy" there?
19. Iraq’s alleged violations of UN resolutions are given as reason to initiate an attack,
yet is it not true that hundreds of UN Resolutions have been ignored by various countries
20. Did former President Bush not cite the UN Resolution of 1990 as the reason he
could not march into Baghdad, while supporters of a new attack assert that it is the
very reason we can march into Baghdad?
21. Is it not true that, contrary to current claims, the no-fly zones were set up by Britain
and the United States without specific approval from the United Nations?
22. If we claim membership in the international community and conform to its rules only
when it pleases us, does this not serve to undermine our position, directing animosity
toward us by both friend and foe?
23. How can our declared goal of bringing democracy to Iraq be believable when we
prop up dictators throughout the Middle East and support military tyrants like Musharaf
in Pakistan, who overthrew a democratically-elected president?
Are you familiar with the 1994 Senate Hearings that revealed the U.S. knowingly supplied chemical and biological materials
to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war and as late as 1992- including after the alleged Iraqi
gas attack on a Kurdish village?
Did we not assist Saddam Hussein’s rise
to power by supporting and encouraging
his invasion of Iran? Is it honest to criticize
Saddam now for his invasion of Iran, which
at the time we actively supported?
26. Is it not true that preventive war is synonymous with an act of
aggression, and has never been considered a moral or legitimate
Who minces words on this point it is called blitzkrieg a Hitlerian
method usually with massive air strikes from the Luftwaffa and
with lots of bombs on civilians. So now the USA, US, we are the
Nazi like totalitarian with the doublespeak, now we are using Nuke
bullets while we call him Hitler like while it is the current presidents
legacy from his Grandfather who was one of the biggest Hitler
supporter razing 50 million and Censured by Congress for trading
with the enemy... Adolph Flipping Hitler!!
B: And George HW Bushes senior's father who worked under
Hitler's top General directing policy's in the CIA.
C: As for Weapons of Mass Destruction what nations
army doesn't have weapons of mass destruction Even
tiny Israel has 15 or so nuclear bombs which if they ever
used them the hole region would be totally unlivable for
as many thousand of years that they claim the "holey
lands" have existed. R@wman
27. Why do the oil company executives strongly support this war if oil is not the real
reason we plan to take over Iraq?
Why is it that those who never wore a
uniform and are confident that they won't
have to personally fight this war are more
anxious for this war than our generals?
29. What is the moral argument for attacking a nation that has not initiated aggression
against us, and could not if it wanted?
30. Where does the Constitution grant us permission to wage war for any reason other
31. Is it not true that a war against Iraq rejects the sentiments of the time-honored
Treaty of Westphalia, nearly 400 years ago, that countries should never go into another
for the purpose of regime change?
32. Is it not true that the more civilized a society is, the less likely disagreements will be
settled by war?
33. Is it not true that since World War II Congress has not declared war and- not
coincidentally- we have not since then had a clear-cut victory?
Is it not true that Pakistan, especially
through its intelligence services, was
an active supporter and key organizer
of the Taliban?
35. Why don't those who want war bring a formal declaration of war resolution
to the floor of Congress?
------ End of Forwarded Message